Good morning. I have finished the web-linking functions for the KD0CGR UHF repeater. There are a couple of things to keep in mind if you plan on using the web-linking feature.
- You have to log in to the website (accounts are, and always will be, free to create).
a) You can get there by clicking on the menu button, or the “D-Star” link in the top left of your screen (once you log-in).
- You should get on the UHF repeater prior to linking and ask if anyone is using the node. If you don’t, the linking program may not let you link the repeater.
- The UR Call field is just like our radios. If I wanted to link to Reflector 3, Port A, I would type in REF003AL
a) the “L” at the end is important, because it tells the system to link to Reflector 3, Port A
b) The linking process takes 1-3 minutes to complete, usually closer to 1 minute.
- To Unlink when you’re finished, just put ” U” in the URCall field (on the linking page without the quotes) and click the “Link It Up” button.
- The linking feature on the website is open to all hams (that are registered users of the website)
Have fun and enjoy!
73 de NGØM